- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- Here's what's being built next to Chick-fil-A in Cape (1/18/18)1
- Word to your superintendent: Glass rocks Vanilla Ice parody to announce cancellation (1/13/18)3
- Jackson Area Chamber of Commerce recognizes commitment to community at annual awards banquet (1/13/18)
- Poultry in motion: 4-H participants take first in nation with barbecue skills (1/13/18)1
- City of Oran water rates violate state law, auditors find; report details financial-management problems (1/13/18)2
- Cape lands new summer-league baseball team; Capaha Field to see major upgrades (1/20/18)7
- 3 mayor candidates in Scott City; former mayor Porch files for council seat (1/18/18)
- Redhawk Food Pantry helping Southeast students, employees who need assistance with food, supplies (1/19/18)2
People talk 04/11/03
'Creek' star to undergo alcohol education
RALEIGH, N.C. -- "Dawson's Creek" co-star Joshua Jackson was accepted into an alcohol education program after his arrest at a hockey game.
Jackson was placed in the progam Wednesday after admitting he was drunk and disruptive at a Nov. 9 Carolina Hurricanes game. The 24-year-old plays Pacey on the WB television drama, which has been filmed mostly in Wilmington during its six-year run. Jackson originally was charged with being drunk and disruptive by fighting and simple assault for allegedly grabbing a security guard around the neck and striking him. As part of the program, Jackson must attend 15 hours of alcohol and substance abuse education, which costs $150, and complete 24 hours of community service.
-- From wire reports