- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Crosnoe gets OK'd for Jackson opening
Jackson assistant coach Rex Crosnoe was chosen to succeed head baseball coach Sam Sides at the Jackson school board meeting Thursday night.
Crosnoe's promotion is part of a shuffling of the Jackson High School athletic staff after the retirement of girls basketball coach Ron Cook.
Sides, recently promoted to head girls basketball coach, resigned as the baseball coach effective after the season.
Crosnoe, a former catcher, is a Central graduate who later starred at Southeast Missouri State University. He was selected the OVC Player of the Year in 1995 as a senior. He's in his fourth season as an assistant baseball coach at Jackson.
Dan Hecht will remain as an assistant to Crosnoe next season, and a second assistant will be added.
The board also approved Sheila Midgett as the junior-varsity girls basketball coach and varsity assistant. Midgett, who coached Central's girls varsity basketball and volleyball teams the past two years, recently was hired as a physical education teacher at Jackson Junior High School.-- Jeff Breer