- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
COBDEN, Ill. -- Clarice Wills, 85, of Cobden died Monday, April 7, 2003, at St. Joseph Memorial Hospital in Murphysboro, Ill.
She was born May 27, 1917, in Lee County, Ky., daughter of Coleman and Rosa Smallwood Howell. She and Gilbert L. Wills were married in 1934, in Lee County. He died March 7, 1961.
Survivors include three daughters, Joyce Harrington of Ellington, Mo., Donna Martin of San Antonio, Texas, Jacqueline Howell of Anna, Ill.; three sons, Harry Wills of Rockport, Texas, James Wills of Gainesville, Fla., Ron Wills of Cold Springs, N.Y.; a brother, Paul Howell of Beattyville, Ky.; a sister, Phyllis Treadway of Beattyville; 13 grandchildren; and 11 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, a brother, a sister and two grandchildren.
Friends may call at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Cobden from 6 to 8 p.m. today. The rosary will be recited at 7:45.
Graveside service will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at Cobden Cemetery, with the Rev. Federico Higuera officiating.