- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Gladys L. Ritter, 87, of Potosi, Mo., died Sunday, April 6, 2003, at Potosi Manor.
She was born Dec. 9, 1915, at Desloge, Mo., daughter of Luther Matthew and Bessie Inez Pinkley Wilson. She and Harold Lee Ritter were married Sept. 12, 1938, at Caledonia, Mo. He died Oct. 7, 1984.
Ritter was a member of Lynwood Baptist Church.
Survivors include three daughters, Judith Huskey of Dittmer, Mo., Janet Steger of Cape Girardeau, Jane Fielder of Springfield, Mo.; two sisters, Betty Lanzetta of Port Charlotte, Fla., Marilyn Ritter of Cape Girardeau; 11 grandchildren; 17 great-grandchildren; and two great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a brother and two sisters.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 1 to 1:45 p.m. today.
Graveside service will be at 2 p.m. today at Cape County Memorial Park. Dr. Derek Staples will officiate.