- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Robert and Carla Scheper of Gordonville and Kenneth Menz of Chaffee, Mo., announce the engagement of their daughter, Julie Michelle Menz, to Mark Darin Kiehne, both of Jackson. He is the son of Larry and Lois Kiehne of Millersville.
Menz is a 1996 graduate of Jackson High School. She received a bachelor of science degree in early childhood education from Southeast Missouri State University in 2001. She is pursuing a master's degree in elementary administration from William Woods University. Menz is a fourth grade teacher with Jackson R-2 School District at West Lane Elementary.
Kiehne is a 1993 graduate of Jackson High School. He received a bachelor of science degree in elementary education from Arkansas State University in 1998. He expects to receive a master's degree in elementary administration from William Woods this summer. He is a sixth grade teacher at Jackson Middle School, and head basketball coach for eighth and ninth grade boys.
A June 14 wedding is planned at First Baptist Church in Jackson.