- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Former employee pleads guilty to embezzlement
ST. LOUIS -- A former Southeast Missouri bank employee has pleaded guilty to embezzling more than $100,000 from her bank, U.S. Attorney Ray Gruender said Thursday.
Sharon C. Miles, 49, of Viburnum, faces sentencing June 26.
Miles held various jobs at the Quad County State Bank in Viburnum from June 1995 until she was removed in February 2002. Gruender said Miles embezzled money through various means beginning in 1996. All told, she embezzled $115,000, he said.