- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)2
Talent will be on display in Jackson
Jackson residents are getting ready to bring their own chairs to a talent show to be conducted once a month beginning at 4 p.m. April 27 at the City Park Band Shell.
Not just Jackson residents will be allowed to take the stage. And the talent will be varied too. Vocal and instrumental music, dance, comedy, storytelling and dramatic presentations are the types of performances the auditioning committee is looking for, but the showcase will not be limited only to those.
The only requirement is that the talent be family oriented, and that covers a lot of ground.
Auditions are being conducted from 7 to 9 p.m. today at the Center for the Arts at 127 W. Main in Jackson.
It sounds like an idea that could be a lot of fun and bring the community together in these trying times. Other dates scheduled for talent shows are May 18, June 22, July 20, Aug. 17, Sept. 21 and Oct. 19.