- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Singer Neal Boyd dies after struggle with health issues (6/12/18)1
- Feeding deer in Bollinger, Cape and Perry counties prohibited soon to help curb spread of CWD (6/13/18)7
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- New Zaxby's restaurant open in Cape (6/13/18)3
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
Talent will be on display in Jackson
Jackson residents are getting ready to bring their own chairs to a talent show to be conducted once a month beginning at 4 p.m. April 27 at the City Park Band Shell.
Not just Jackson residents will be allowed to take the stage. And the talent will be varied too. Vocal and instrumental music, dance, comedy, storytelling and dramatic presentations are the types of performances the auditioning committee is looking for, but the showcase will not be limited only to those.
The only requirement is that the talent be family oriented, and that covers a lot of ground.
Auditions are being conducted from 7 to 9 p.m. today at the Center for the Arts at 127 W. Main in Jackson.
It sounds like an idea that could be a lot of fun and bring the community together in these trying times. Other dates scheduled for talent shows are May 18, June 22, July 20, Aug. 17, Sept. 21 and Oct. 19.