- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Kim helps lead Montreal in a preseason shutout
VIERA, Fla. -- Sonny Kim pitched five innings, combining with three relievers on a six-hitter to lead the Montreal Expos over the Cardinals 4-0 Saturday.
Kim struggled with his control, allowing four hits and walking one, but worked out of a bases-loaded jam in the second and two-on situation in the third.
"He was locating pitches better and had a good outing," Expos manager Frank Robinson said. "He makes good pitches and lets the defense work behind him. He seems to have a knack of throwing pitches when he has to, to get people out."
Kim is battling with Zach Day for the fifth spot on the Expos' rotation.
Cardinals starter Cal Eldred allowed three runs and seven hits in five innings. Endy Chavez led off the game with a double and Jose Vidro followed with a two-run homer.
Vladimir Guerrero, who was 3-for-4, hit a solo homer in the third.
Michael Barrett had three hits and Jeff Liefer hit a run-scoring double, giving him a team-high nine RBIs.