- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- William R. Adams, 80, of Perryville died Friday, March 21, 2003, at his home.
He was born July 23, 1922, at Perryville, the son of William E. and Zeba Marie Preston Adams. He married Ida P. Guyott on June 10, 1945. She died Feb. 17, 2002.
He was retired from International Shoe Co. and was a self-employed painter. He was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church in Perryville and a former member of St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Lithium.
He is survived by three daughters, Dianna Lawrence, Deanna Sutterer and Donna Allen, all of Perryville; a brother, Adrian Adams of Perryville; a sister, Ruth Hunt of Perryville; 11 grandchildren; 17 great-grandchildren; and two great-great-granddaughters.
He was preceded in death by his parents, four brothers and a sister.
Visitation will be from 5 to 9 p.m. Sunday and from 6:30 a.m. Monday until the time of services at Young & Sons Chapel in Perryville.
Services will be at 10 a.m. Monday at the chapel with the Rev. Kevin Fausz officiating.
Burial will be at the St. John the Baptist Catholic Cemetery in Lithium.