- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- State declares test results for schools invalid (10/4/17)2
- Child-custody advocate: State law needs fix to provide parents with more equal custody (10/12/17)
- Cape Chinese restaurant purchases old Ponderosa property in Perryville (10/10/17)
- One of Cape's oldest mom-and-pop restaurants opens in new location (10/10/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- Ships to stay docked in Cape a week longer (10/10/17)
- Janet Koenig creates painted quilts to add flair to local barns (10/13/17)
School candidates slated Monday at Jackson forum
To the editor:
I would like to invite the taxpayers of the Jackson School District to the Meet the Candidate Forum at 7 p.m. Monday in the high school auditorium across from the high school gym. The event is sponsored by the Jacksonian Charter Chapter of the American Business Women's Association.
With five candidates for two open seats, we hope the candidates will give those in attendance the knowledge needed to make informed choices at the polls on April 8. More than ever, the taxpayers of the Jackson district must know whom they will be trusting to make school policy regarding our students' education and how money is spent for their education.
The ABWA is an education-based organization with concern for our students and schools. Please show your concern. Attend this form and make sure your questions are answered. Your school board is only as good as your vote.
Jacksonian Charter Chapter
American Business Women's Association