- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
- Schnucks bans solicitors, including organizations like Salvation Army (8/24/16)38
- Police: Woman beat another woman with a bat over a pair of shoes (8/21/16)2
School candidates slated Monday at Jackson forum
To the editor:
I would like to invite the taxpayers of the Jackson School District to the Meet the Candidate Forum at 7 p.m. Monday in the high school auditorium across from the high school gym. The event is sponsored by the Jacksonian Charter Chapter of the American Business Women's Association.
With five candidates for two open seats, we hope the candidates will give those in attendance the knowledge needed to make informed choices at the polls on April 8. More than ever, the taxpayers of the Jackson district must know whom they will be trusting to make school policy regarding our students' education and how money is spent for their education.
The ABWA is an education-based organization with concern for our students and schools. Please show your concern. Attend this form and make sure your questions are answered. Your school board is only as good as your vote.
Jacksonian Charter Chapter
American Business Women's Association