- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
- Victims of alleged Ponzi scheme seek compensation from killer's victims (8/21/16)3
- Cape Central football team falls to state-ranked Liberty in Pixley's debut (8/20/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
Taxpayers waiting for Prestwick to withdraw plan
To the editor:
The Cape Girardeau School Board has expressed its concerns about the proposed tax-increment financing for the Prestwick development with a resounding no. The school board spent many hours going over the Prestwick plan and found out it was not in the best interest of the citizens of Cape Girardeau. Truly, the school board was following the guidelines of being good stewards of the taxpayers' funds.
As stated by Cord Dombrowski, if the school board did not approve the TIF for Prestwick, he would withdraw the proposal. The taxpayers are waiting for his withdrawal statement.
Only one-third of the battle has been won. The controversy will continue with the TIF commission and the city council. The taxpayers will continue to do battle till they have buried TIF.
JOHN R. HECKROTTE