- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)44
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
TAMMS, Ill. -- Myrtle Albertina Luhnow, 101, of Tamms died Tuesday, March 18, 2003, at Southgate Health Care Center in Metropolis, Ill.
She was born Feb. 5, 1902, in Chicago, daughter of Frederick and Martha Kuehenbecker Luhnow.
Luhnow was a member of Mont Clare Chapter 845 Order of the Eastern Star in Chicago and had served as past worthy matron.
Survivors include a nephew, Fred Luhnow of Kewanna, Ind.; and two nieces, Edith Bennett of Tamms and Nancy Crow of Plymouth, Ind.
She was preceded in death by two brothers.
A memorial service will be at 1:30 p.m. Friday, at Crossroad United Methodist Church in Ullin, Ill., with the Rev. John Clark officiating. Private burial will be at a later date at Mt. Emblem Cemetery at Elmhurst, Ill.
Lutz & Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna, Ill., is in charge of arrangements.