- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
CAIRO, Ill. -- Dorothy L. Kettel, 72, of Cairo died Monday, March 17, 2003, at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born April 24, 1930, in Cairo, daughter of Anthony and Blanche Williams Kettel.
Kettel was a retired insurance secretary. She was a member of St. Patrick's Catholic Church and Daughters of Isabella.
Survivors include a brother, Michael Kettel of Saratoga, Calif.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a brother.
Friends may call at Barkett Funeral Home in Cairo from 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday. The rosary will be recited at 7.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Friday at St. Patrick's Church, with the Rev. Jerome Fortenberry officiating. Burial will be in Calvary Cemetery at Villa Ridge, Ill.