- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
THEBES, Ill. -- Woodrow W. Snell, 89, of Thebes died Monday, March 17, 2003, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born March 16, 1914, in Commerce, Mo., son of Peter and Donna Huddelson Snell. He and Marie O. Simmons were married Nov. 20, 1935, at Thebes.
Snell worked in construction before retiring in 1975 and was a charter member of Local Labor Union 733 in Cairo, Ill. He was a member of the Church of God in Gale, Ill.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, William Snell of Thebes, Richard Snell of Carbondale, Ill.; five grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by six brothers and three sisters.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford & Sons Sprigg Street Funeral Home.
Funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home. The Rev. Raymond Oxford will officiate. Burial will be in Rose Hill Cemetery at Thebes.