- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Put prejudices behind, support our president
To the editor:
I'm distressed to read so many negative comments in Speak Out about our president. It's easy to say we would do things differently, but how do we really know what we would do in any given situation? I can't say I would hold up too well to the stress he is under, and I will pray for him every day.
Let's please put our prejudices aside and get behind our president. Where is the patriotism we had after Sept. 11, 2001?
I'm a grandma and a mother, and the thought of someone hurting my grandsons and daughters hits close to the bone. Let's stand up with our president and get rid of that monster in Iraq. God bless America.