- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- State declares test results for schools invalid (10/4/17)2
- Child-custody advocate: State law needs fix to provide parents with more equal custody (10/12/17)
- One of Cape's oldest mom-and-pop restaurants opens in new location (10/10/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
Put prejudices behind, support our president
To the editor:
I'm distressed to read so many negative comments in Speak Out about our president. It's easy to say we would do things differently, but how do we really know what we would do in any given situation? I can't say I would hold up too well to the stress he is under, and I will pray for him every day.
Let's please put our prejudices aside and get behind our president. Where is the patriotism we had after Sept. 11, 2001?
I'm a grandma and a mother, and the thought of someone hurting my grandsons and daughters hits close to the bone. Let's stand up with our president and get rid of that monster in Iraq. God bless America.