- Former Cape cop faces stealing-by-deceit charge (6/18/17)3
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Jackson woman accused of trying to hit another with her truck (6/15/17)
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)1
- Police search for two suspects in abduction, robbery case; victim found unharmed in Scott County field (6/16/17)1
- Cape man faces charges of victim tampering (6/18/17)
- Racial disparity of traffic stops inches upward in Cape (6/15/17)6
- Police: Cape abduction may have ties to Georgia homicide (6/18/17)5
- 3 drown in Southeast Missouri in three days (6/16/17)
- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
Put prejudices behind, support our president
To the editor:
I'm distressed to read so many negative comments in Speak Out about our president. It's easy to say we would do things differently, but how do we really know what we would do in any given situation? I can't say I would hold up too well to the stress he is under, and I will pray for him every day.
Let's please put our prejudices aside and get behind our president. Where is the patriotism we had after Sept. 11, 2001?
I'm a grandma and a mother, and the thought of someone hurting my grandsons and daughters hits close to the bone. Let's stand up with our president and get rid of that monster in Iraq. God bless America.