- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- Former Chaffee officer faces DWI charge (8/20/17)2
- PBS crew filming in Cape; Glenn House to be featured (8/17/17)
- Scott City Council reinstates police chief (8/16/17)1
- Near miss: Woman 'lucky' following train incident (8/16/17)
Put prejudices behind, support our president
To the editor:
I'm distressed to read so many negative comments in Speak Out about our president. It's easy to say we would do things differently, but how do we really know what we would do in any given situation? I can't say I would hold up too well to the stress he is under, and I will pray for him every day.
Let's please put our prejudices aside and get behind our president. Where is the patriotism we had after Sept. 11, 2001?
I'm a grandma and a mother, and the thought of someone hurting my grandsons and daughters hits close to the bone. Let's stand up with our president and get rid of that monster in Iraq. God bless America.