- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)2
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
Human rights are paramount in Iraqi war
To the editor:
As war becomes more real, I would like to represent Central High School's Amnesty International Group and voice its concern over the human rights of the Iraqi citizens.
Indiscriminate weapons should not be used. Heavily populated areas and cities should not be bombed. And Iraqi refugees should be allowed to enter any nation bordering Iraq.
Everyone must remember that war will be waged for the rights of all people.