- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Golden Corral nearing opening; soft open scheduled for Monday or Tuesday (2/12/17)8
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)21
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Human rights are paramount in Iraqi war
To the editor:
As war becomes more real, I would like to represent Central High School's Amnesty International Group and voice its concern over the human rights of the Iraqi citizens.
Indiscriminate weapons should not be used. Heavily populated areas and cities should not be bombed. And Iraqi refugees should be allowed to enter any nation bordering Iraq.
Everyone must remember that war will be waged for the rights of all people.