- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)15
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Wallingford proposes bill to collect sales taxes on online purchases (1/11/17)30
Human rights are paramount in Iraqi war
To the editor:
As war becomes more real, I would like to represent Central High School's Amnesty International Group and voice its concern over the human rights of the Iraqi citizens.
Indiscriminate weapons should not be used. Heavily populated areas and cities should not be bombed. And Iraqi refugees should be allowed to enter any nation bordering Iraq.
Everyone must remember that war will be waged for the rights of all people.