- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)5
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)1
Complaint filed against former president
BRUSSELS, Belgium -- Seven Iraqi victims of the 1991 Gulf War lodged a war crimes complaint Tuesday against former President Bush. The complaint centers on the Feb. 13, 1991, U.S. bombing of the al-Amiriya shelter in Baghdad, which killed 403 people. The U.S. military said it believed the site was a command center.
Under Belgian law, courts can hear war crimes cases no matter who allegedly committed them or where. A Belgian court now must decide whether to hear the complaint.