- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)2
- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Bell City arrest, Scott City incident highlight high-alert status following Fla. school shooting (2/20/18)4
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)16
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)6
- As February winds down, Chaffee looking forward to reopening of ice cream shop (2/21/18)1
- Scott City puts school on lockdown; officials say alleged threat 'not credible' (2/21/18)2
- The heart of the matter: Clinic helps patients rise above congestive heart failure (2/17/18)
- Jackson schools purchased former orchard land, will lease for farming for now (2/15/18)
Complaint filed against former president
BRUSSELS, Belgium -- Seven Iraqi victims of the 1991 Gulf War lodged a war crimes complaint Tuesday against former President Bush. The complaint centers on the Feb. 13, 1991, U.S. bombing of the al-Amiriya shelter in Baghdad, which killed 403 people. The U.S. military said it believed the site was a command center.
Under Belgian law, courts can hear war crimes cases no matter who allegedly committed them or where. A Belgian court now must decide whether to hear the complaint.