- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Juvenile accused of stealing, damaging playground statue (1/9/17)25
- Namesake statue stolen from Melaina's Magical Playland (1/8/17)7
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)14
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Officers to wash canines to raise money for new police dogs (1/9/17)
- Business notebook: Faithfully Fed aims for more than just food (1/9/17)4
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
Complaint filed against former president
BRUSSELS, Belgium -- Seven Iraqi victims of the 1991 Gulf War lodged a war crimes complaint Tuesday against former President Bush. The complaint centers on the Feb. 13, 1991, U.S. bombing of the al-Amiriya shelter in Baghdad, which killed 403 people. The U.S. military said it believed the site was a command center.
Under Belgian law, courts can hear war crimes cases no matter who allegedly committed them or where. A Belgian court now must decide whether to hear the complaint.