- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)3
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)16
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)4
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Business notebook: Plastics firm moves to area to help laid-off workers (06/20/16)1
Perhaps it's time for France to get updated motto
To the editor:
I am amazed at the patience shown by President Bush in dealing with the third-rate nation of France. He has far surpassed any measure of patience possessed by me.
The French are as unlovely a group of people as has ever existed. They live on whatever glories France possessed in former days but display complete amnesia when asked to recall what the United States or any other country has done for them. The fact is, the United States has saved their bacon a number of times.
I think that the time has come for France to officially change its national motto of "Liberty, Equality, Fraternity" to one that best expresses the current French national attitude. I suggest "What Have You Done for Me Lately?"