- 3 charged with burglarizing Scott City bar (10/14/16)4
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Cape Girardeau County: A great place to grab a bite (10/14/16)2
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Three weeks and then what? (10/18/16)2
- Suspected attacker of Southeast student apprehended (10/19/16)5
Perhaps it's time for France to get updated motto
To the editor:
I am amazed at the patience shown by President Bush in dealing with the third-rate nation of France. He has far surpassed any measure of patience possessed by me.
The French are as unlovely a group of people as has ever existed. They live on whatever glories France possessed in former days but display complete amnesia when asked to recall what the United States or any other country has done for them. The fact is, the United States has saved their bacon a number of times.
I think that the time has come for France to officially change its national motto of "Liberty, Equality, Fraternity" to one that best expresses the current French national attitude. I suggest "What Have You Done for Me Lately?"