- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)4
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)22
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
Perhaps it's time for France to get updated motto
To the editor:
I am amazed at the patience shown by President Bush in dealing with the third-rate nation of France. He has far surpassed any measure of patience possessed by me.
The French are as unlovely a group of people as has ever existed. They live on whatever glories France possessed in former days but display complete amnesia when asked to recall what the United States or any other country has done for them. The fact is, the United States has saved their bacon a number of times.
I think that the time has come for France to officially change its national motto of "Liberty, Equality, Fraternity" to one that best expresses the current French national attitude. I suggest "What Have You Done for Me Lately?"