- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)2
- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- How the story of one dog is helping others (9/14/17)1
- Southerner by Tractors owners seek to bring 'sophisticated Southern' cuisine (9/12/17)
- Eyewitnesses testify about fatal shooting; men were using drugs, alcohol (9/14/17)
- Jury finds Harris guilty of murder, 3 other counts (9/15/17)4
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)1
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
Perhaps it's time for France to get updated motto
To the editor:
I am amazed at the patience shown by President Bush in dealing with the third-rate nation of France. He has far surpassed any measure of patience possessed by me.
The French are as unlovely a group of people as has ever existed. They live on whatever glories France possessed in former days but display complete amnesia when asked to recall what the United States or any other country has done for them. The fact is, the United States has saved their bacon a number of times.
I think that the time has come for France to officially change its national motto of "Liberty, Equality, Fraternity" to one that best expresses the current French national attitude. I suggest "What Have You Done for Me Lately?"