- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- Here's what's being built next to Chick-fil-A in Cape (1/18/18)1
- Word to your superintendent: Glass rocks Vanilla Ice parody to announce cancellation (1/13/18)3
- Jackson Area Chamber of Commerce recognizes commitment to community at annual awards banquet (1/13/18)
- Church, businesses set up pop-up homeless shelter as winter storm approaches (1/12/18)1
- City of Oran water rates violate state law, auditors find; report details financial-management problems (1/13/18)2
- Poultry in motion: 4-H participants take first in nation with barbecue skills (1/13/18)1
- Cape man wins Scratchers lottery top prize (1/12/18)
- 3 mayor candidates in Scott City; former mayor Porch files for council seat (1/18/18)
SE teammates win region honor
Two Southeast Missouri State University soccer players have made the Soccer Buzz All-Central region third team as selected by Soccer Buzz magazine.
Senior defender Jenny Hamilton and junior midfielder Valerie Henderson were honored nationally.
Hamilton was the 2002 Ohio Valley Conference Defensive Player of the Year for the second season in a row. She is only the second person in OVC history to win the award two consecutive years. Hamilton led a Southeast defense that limited opponents to 15 goals all season.
Henderson was the 2002 OVC Player of the Year. She totaled 17 points on six goals and five assists and she led the conference with five game-winning goals.
Gymnastics team faces Kentucky, Denver today
Southeast's gymnastics team takes on host Kentucky and Denver at 6:30 p.m. today in a triangular meet in Lexington, Ky.
The Otahkians (5-8) are coming off a victory over Eastern Michigan in which they posted their second-highest overall team score of the season with a mark of 193.975. Southeast is ranked 52nd nationally and 11th in the South Central Region with an average score of 192.469.
Denver is ranked 13th in the nation with an average score of 195.447.
Kentucky is ranked 44th nationally with an average score of 193.612
Softball team kicks off S.C. tournament today
Southeast's softball team plays today in the three-day Winthrop Tournament in Rock Hill, S.C.
The Otahkians (3-6) face Toledo and North Carolina-Greensboro today, followed by two more games Saturday and the final round Sunday.
After the tournament, Southeast will stay in Rock Hill to play Marshall in a Monday doubleheader, followed by a Thursday doubleheader at Middle Tennessee.
-- From staff reports