- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Colleen Gibbons, 78, of Chaffee died Friday, March 7, 2003, at Chaffee Nursing Center.
She was born Feb. 11, 1925, in Kennett, Mo., daughter of Wilburn and Lottie Mae Johnson Fish. She and Claude Gibbons were married Dec. 24, 1940, and he died Jan. 16, 1995.
Survivors include two daughters, Darla Gibbonsmeyers of St. Charles, Mo., and Sandy Strong of Cape Girardeau; four brothers, William E. Fish of Miller, Mo., Lloyd Fish of Chaffee, Darius Fish of Pollock Pines, Calif., and Connie Fish of Tampa, Fla.; two sisters, Linda Weaver of Ellington, Mo., and Lavetta Curtis of Chaffee; eight grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two sons and one brother.
Friends may call at 5 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with the Rev. William Earl Fish officiating. Burial will be in Kenyon Cemetery in Delta, Mo.