- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Dorothy M. King, 81, of Jackson passed away Thursday, March 6, 2003, at Jackson Manor.
She was born March 8, 1921, at Whitewater, daughter of William L. and Della L. Smith Kinder. She and John W. King Sr. were married April 20, 1946. He passed away July 31, 1993.
Dorothy was baptized and confirmed April 15, 1954, at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Jackson, where she remained a member until her death.
She worked at LeeRowan in Jackson 19 years, retiring in 1989. She was a member of American Legion Auxiliary in Jackson and VFW Auxiliary in Cape Girardeau.
Loving survivors include a son and daughter-in-law, Bill and Sue King; a daughter, Betty Ann Fox; a brother, Howard Kinder; three grandsons, Bill, Kevin and James King; and five great-grandchildren, all of Jackson.
She was preceded in death by a brother and a sister.
Friends may call at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Robert Henrichs officiating. Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery.
Expressions of sympathy may take the form of contributions to St. Paul Lutheran Church General Memorial Fund.