- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- Former Chaffee officer faces DWI charge (8/20/17)2
- PBS crew filming in Cape; Glenn House to be featured (8/17/17)
- Scott City Council reinstates police chief (8/16/17)1
- Near miss: Woman 'lucky' following train incident (8/16/17)
Help firefighters raise funding for new camera
To the editor:
Perhaps you recently read the article in the newspaper or read the March 4 editorial regarding the thermal-imaging camera the firefighters wish to purchase for the Cape Girardeau Fire Department. Firefighters in towns smaller than Cape Girardeau are equipped with these cameras, which can make the difference in finding someone in a smoke-filled house in time to save a life. The ideal situation is to have a camera at each fire station. We can all help the firefighters accomplish this if each household would donate to the fund. Can your family help? Please make your check payable to the Firefighters Local and send it to a local fire station. It's something we as a community can do to benefit ourselves.
Owens Realty Co.