- Updated: Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/21/16)2
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)5
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)1
Help firefighters raise funding for new camera
To the editor:
Perhaps you recently read the article in the newspaper or read the March 4 editorial regarding the thermal-imaging camera the firefighters wish to purchase for the Cape Girardeau Fire Department. Firefighters in towns smaller than Cape Girardeau are equipped with these cameras, which can make the difference in finding someone in a smoke-filled house in time to save a life. The ideal situation is to have a camera at each fire station. We can all help the firefighters accomplish this if each household would donate to the fund. Can your family help? Please make your check payable to the Firefighters Local and send it to a local fire station. It's something we as a community can do to benefit ourselves.
Owens Realty Co.