- Fatal-shooting victim ID'd; uncle said he tried to break up fight (9/29/16)29
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Sister: Shooting victim died a hero (9/30/16)2
- Perryville couple arrested on felony drug charges after sting operation (9/29/16)
- Perryville High principal on leave; no reason given (9/28/16)9
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Animal-rescue group receives grant from rock star for spay, neuter assistance (9/28/16)1
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Monia pleads guilty to 9 counts of financial exploitation of elderly; dealings with murderer Joseph clarified (9/28/16)11
Help firefighters raise funding for new camera
To the editor:
Perhaps you recently read the article in the newspaper or read the March 4 editorial regarding the thermal-imaging camera the firefighters wish to purchase for the Cape Girardeau Fire Department. Firefighters in towns smaller than Cape Girardeau are equipped with these cameras, which can make the difference in finding someone in a smoke-filled house in time to save a life. The ideal situation is to have a camera at each fire station. We can all help the firefighters accomplish this if each household would donate to the fund. Can your family help? Please make your check payable to the Firefighters Local and send it to a local fire station. It's something we as a community can do to benefit ourselves.
Owens Realty Co.