- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)2
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)12
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
- Cape police warn of 'Grandparent Scam' (12/4/16)
Help firefighters raise funding for new camera
To the editor:
Perhaps you recently read the article in the newspaper or read the March 4 editorial regarding the thermal-imaging camera the firefighters wish to purchase for the Cape Girardeau Fire Department. Firefighters in towns smaller than Cape Girardeau are equipped with these cameras, which can make the difference in finding someone in a smoke-filled house in time to save a life. The ideal situation is to have a camera at each fire station. We can all help the firefighters accomplish this if each household would donate to the fund. Can your family help? Please make your check payable to the Firefighters Local and send it to a local fire station. It's something we as a community can do to benefit ourselves.
Owens Realty Co.