- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ANNA, Ill. -- Grace Blessing, 94, of Anna died Thursday, March 6, 2003, at Union County Nursing Home.
She was born Nov. 6, 1908, in Makanda, Ill., daughter of John and Surilda Batson Fulcher. She and Sidney T. Blessing were married Oct. 26, 1934, in Marion, Ill. He died June 22, 1976.
Blessing was a member of First Baptist Church in Anna. She was formerly of Cobden, Ill.
Survivors include two daughters, Carol Nebughr of Cobden, Kay Kenner of Jackson; a son, Bruce Blessing of Carterville, Ill.; six grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, two brothers, and three sisters.
Friends may call at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Cobden from 6 to 8 p.m. Friday, and until time of service Saturday.
The funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Tim Sadler officiating. Burial will be in Cobden Cemetery.