- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Barbara Marian Kosharek, 57, of Scott City died Thursday, March 6, 2003, at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Dec. 1, 1945, in Jersey City, N.J., daughter of Antonio George and Marian R. Schilkie Cecere. She and John K. "Jack" Kosharek were married Dec. 18, 1965, at St. Mark Presbyterian Church in Van Nuys, Calif.
Barbara was co-owner of H&R Block in Scott City more than 20 years. She was a member of First General Baptist Church in Cape Girardeau, charter member of Scott City Chamber of Commerce, member of Scott City Planning and Zoning Board, and a member of the first Midsummer Festival Board.
Survivors include her husband, John K. "Jack" Kosharek of Scott City; two sons, Kevin John and Keith Edwin Kosharek of Bloomington, Ill.; a half brother, David Weeks of Summerville, S.C.; two sisters, Janine Buckhanan of Doniphan, Mo., Kristy Card of Mt. Sterling, Mich.; two granddaughters, Abby and Sabrina Kosharek of Bloomington.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mt. Auburn Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at the funeral home. The Rev. Larry Rouse and the Rev. E.K. Purcell will officiate. Burial will be in Lightner Cemetery at Scott City.
Memorial contributions may be made to the American Diabetes Association.