- Harbor Freight Tools plans to move ahead with Cape Girardeau store (12/5/17)2
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Business Notebook: Yule Log Cabin gets home feel honestly (12/4/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
- Rep. Lichtenegger proposes change to term limits (12/4/17)7
- Fire displaces family of seven (12/5/17)1
- Buffalo Wild Wings moving to new location in March (12/2/17)2
- Fruitland Army veteran spends weeks helping in ravaged Puerto Rico (12/5/17)2
Hayti receives highest praise for giving aid
To the editor:
Thank you to Hayti, Mo., which should be very proud. My parents where traveling on Feb. 13 when my dad had a heart attack. They had checked in at the Comfort Inn and had to call an ambulance. I would like to thank the girl working that night. She doesn't know how much her assistance helped my mother.
He was taken to Pemiscot Memorial Hospital. Not only did the wonderful and caring staff help my dad physically, but Caralee Petersen, a registered nurse, made arrangements for parking my dad's camper and truck, because he needed to be transported to Memphis.
God blessed us with great people in our time of need. Thank you again to the great people of Hayti.