- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)3
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)23
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)14
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)24
Hayti receives highest praise for giving aid
To the editor:
Thank you to Hayti, Mo., which should be very proud. My parents where traveling on Feb. 13 when my dad had a heart attack. They had checked in at the Comfort Inn and had to call an ambulance. I would like to thank the girl working that night. She doesn't know how much her assistance helped my mother.
He was taken to Pemiscot Memorial Hospital. Not only did the wonderful and caring staff help my dad physically, but Caralee Petersen, a registered nurse, made arrangements for parking my dad's camper and truck, because he needed to be transported to Memphis.
God blessed us with great people in our time of need. Thank you again to the great people of Hayti.