- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Hayti receives highest praise for giving aid
To the editor:
Thank you to Hayti, Mo., which should be very proud. My parents where traveling on Feb. 13 when my dad had a heart attack. They had checked in at the Comfort Inn and had to call an ambulance. I would like to thank the girl working that night. She doesn't know how much her assistance helped my mother.
He was taken to Pemiscot Memorial Hospital. Not only did the wonderful and caring staff help my dad physically, but Caralee Petersen, a registered nurse, made arrangements for parking my dad's camper and truck, because he needed to be transported to Memphis.
God blessed us with great people in our time of need. Thank you again to the great people of Hayti.