- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)24
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Hayti receives highest praise for giving aid
To the editor:
Thank you to Hayti, Mo., which should be very proud. My parents where traveling on Feb. 13 when my dad had a heart attack. They had checked in at the Comfort Inn and had to call an ambulance. I would like to thank the girl working that night. She doesn't know how much her assistance helped my mother.
He was taken to Pemiscot Memorial Hospital. Not only did the wonderful and caring staff help my dad physically, but Caralee Petersen, a registered nurse, made arrangements for parking my dad's camper and truck, because he needed to be transported to Memphis.
God blessed us with great people in our time of need. Thank you again to the great people of Hayti.