- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Politics to profits: Brothers launch new investing concept on Wall Street (10/19/17)1
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Load shift kills Jackson trucker (10/17/17)1
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
- Cape Christian School burglarized (10/18/17)
- Food Giant in Chaffee is robbed (10/17/17)
- Owner of dinosaur relics demands new board of directors, business plan at Bollinger County Museum (10/17/17)
Hilty's letter inspires plans for coffee gang
To the editor:
It was a pleasant gift to read Peter Hilty's letter about the coffee gang. It brought back memories of when I worked in the Southeast Missourian printing press shop.
I would walk home at times and go to the fast-food establishment at Broadway and the West End Boulevard. There I would see men of wisdom share their knowledge with one another. After seeing the coffee gang, I decided that I would be part of a coffee gang located in the community where I retire. I told my wife that I plan on doing this when I retire, and if there is not a coffee gang I will start a coffee gang.
Fort Worth, Texas