- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- Here's what's being built next to Chick-fil-A in Cape (1/18/18)1
- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
- Cape lands new summer-league baseball team; Capaha Field to see major upgrades (1/20/18)8
- Man sentenced to life for killing mother, burning her body; mouth taped shut at hearing (1/20/18)
- Poultry in motion: 4-H participants take first in nation with barbecue skills (1/13/18)1
- Redhawk Food Pantry helping Southeast students, employees who need assistance with food, supplies (1/19/18)2
- Word to your superintendent: Glass rocks Vanilla Ice parody to announce cancellation (1/13/18)3
- 3 mayor candidates in Scott City; former mayor Porch files for council seat (1/18/18)
- Chronic wasting disease found in 2 Southeast Missouri deer; whether disease transferable to humans unknown (1/18/18)
Hilty's letter inspires plans for coffee gang
To the editor:
It was a pleasant gift to read Peter Hilty's letter about the coffee gang. It brought back memories of when I worked in the Southeast Missourian printing press shop.
I would walk home at times and go to the fast-food establishment at Broadway and the West End Boulevard. There I would see men of wisdom share their knowledge with one another. After seeing the coffee gang, I decided that I would be part of a coffee gang located in the community where I retire. I told my wife that I plan on doing this when I retire, and if there is not a coffee gang I will start a coffee gang.
Fort Worth, Texas