- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)12
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)14
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)14
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)24
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Cairo man pleads guilty to bank murders (3/17/17)1
Hilty's letter inspires plans for coffee gang
To the editor:
It was a pleasant gift to read Peter Hilty's letter about the coffee gang. It brought back memories of when I worked in the Southeast Missourian printing press shop.
I would walk home at times and go to the fast-food establishment at Broadway and the West End Boulevard. There I would see men of wisdom share their knowledge with one another. After seeing the coffee gang, I decided that I would be part of a coffee gang located in the community where I retire. I told my wife that I plan on doing this when I retire, and if there is not a coffee gang I will start a coffee gang.
Fort Worth, Texas