- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Cape man stabbed in head, arm after strip-club incident; skull fractured, police say (6/25/17)3
- Custom cuts: Local hairstylist provides free haircuts to special-needs children (6/26/17)3
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Marble Hill man accused of beating, kidnapping woman (6/27/17)
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)2
- Oran town board fired officer before hiring him as police chief; city officials say they can't remember reason for firing (6/25/17)2
- Playing with fire (6/25/17)
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Business notebook: Man's cheesecake whim becomes a full-time vocation (6/26/17)
Hilty's letter inspires plans for coffee gang
To the editor:
It was a pleasant gift to read Peter Hilty's letter about the coffee gang. It brought back memories of when I worked in the Southeast Missourian printing press shop.
I would walk home at times and go to the fast-food establishment at Broadway and the West End Boulevard. There I would see men of wisdom share their knowledge with one another. After seeing the coffee gang, I decided that I would be part of a coffee gang located in the community where I retire. I told my wife that I plan on doing this when I retire, and if there is not a coffee gang I will start a coffee gang.
Fort Worth, Texas