- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)6
- Perryville family organizing bone-marrow drive Friday for ailing 6-year-old boy (4/26/17)
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)1
- Temptations bassist dies after Cape Girardeau show (4/26/17)2
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- State Supreme Court rules against congressman's mother in dog-kennel defamation case (4/27/17)1
- Strattman to step down as principal at St. Mary (4/28/17)1
- Cape couple turns their home into cozy, comfortable music venue (4/24/17)
- New ride-hailing law draws praise from carGo official (4/25/17)
Hilty's letter inspires plans for coffee gang
To the editor:
It was a pleasant gift to read Peter Hilty's letter about the coffee gang. It brought back memories of when I worked in the Southeast Missourian printing press shop.
I would walk home at times and go to the fast-food establishment at Broadway and the West End Boulevard. There I would see men of wisdom share their knowledge with one another. After seeing the coffee gang, I decided that I would be part of a coffee gang located in the community where I retire. I told my wife that I plan on doing this when I retire, and if there is not a coffee gang I will start a coffee gang.
Fort Worth, Texas