- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Mathilda Wills, 96, of Jackson died Thursday, Feb. 27, 2003, at Monticello House.
She was born Dec. 8, 1906, in St. Louis, daughter of Frank and Henrietta Boening Miller. She and Hewitt Wills were married in 1948 in St. Louis. He died in 1979.
Mrs. Wills was a member of St. Andrew Lutheran Church, St. Andrew Women's Guild, and Fort D Senior Citizens.
Survivors include a daughter and son-in-law, Carole and Lee Stotler of Marble Hill, Mo.; four grandchildren, Connie Hahs of Overland Park, Kan., Cathy Waltz, John Mehner and Robert Mehner, all of Cape Girardeau; and eight great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, two brothers, and two sisters.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home after 10 a.m. Saturday.
The funeral will be at noon Saturday at the funeral home. The Rev. Paul Short will officiate. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.
Memorial contributions may be made to St. Andrew Lutheran Church or to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.