- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
BLOOMFIELD, Mo. -- Iva Liggett, 92, of Bloomfield died Monday, Feb. 24, 2003, at her home.
She was born Dec. 17, 1910, at Ardeola, Mo. She and Herman Liggett were married April 5, 1930. He died Sept. 13, 1980.
Liggett retired as a cook at Bell City Public Schools in Bell City, Mo. She was a member of Bell City Assembly of God Church and was a Sunday School teacher and song leader many years.
Survivors include a son, Marlin Liggett of Hazelwood, Mo.; five daughters, Zilpha Abernathy of Perryville, Mo., Linda Schroeder and Juanita Fisher of Dexter, Mo., Barbara Merick of Bloomfield, Patsy Umfleet of Bell City; 21 grandchildren; 43 great-grandchildren; and four great-great-grandchildren.
Friends may call at Chiles-Cooper Funeral Home in Bloomfield from 6 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Lynn Ash officiating. Burial will be in Gravel Hill Cemetery.