- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
MOUNDS, Ill. -- Lucille Hughes, 69, of Mounds died Saturday, Feb. 22, 2003, at Western Baptist Hospital in Paducah, Ky.
She was born Nov. 1, 1933, at Lake Common, Miss., daughter of Leonard and Ollie Williams. She married James Hughes at Mounds.
Hughes moved to Mounds from Joliet, Ill. She had worked for the University of Illinois Extension Office, and retired after 15 years service with MAP Training Center in Karnak, Ill. She was a member of St. John Missionary Baptist Church.
Survivors include her husband; four daughters, Shirley Hughes, Evelyn Galloway, Denise Hughes and Reiko Pratt; three sons, Charles Gatewood, Joseph and Brian Hughes; and numerous grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a brother.
Friends may call at St. John's Church after 9 a.m. Thursday.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the church, with the Rev. Garlin White officiating. Burial will be in Mound City National Cemetery. Massie Funeral Home in Cairo, Ill., is in charge of arrangements.