- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
MOUND CITY, Ill. -- John R. Vaughn, 63, of Mound City died Tuesday, Feb. 25, 2003, at Union County Hospital in Anna, Ill.
He was born April 7, 1939, in Paducah, Ky., son of Earl and Carrie Terrell Vaughn.
Vaughn was a retired riverboat engineer. He was a member of Barlow Baptist Church in Barlow, Ky.
He served with the U.S. Navy during the Korean War.
Survivors include two sons, Earl and Michael Vaughn of Lexington, Ky.; a friend, Margie Abernathy of Mound City; and three grandchildren.
Friends may call at Barkett Funeral Home in Mound City after 11 a.m. Thursday.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Robert McCoy officiating. Burial will be in Barlow Cemetery at Barlow.