- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
The Nuggets are expected to release Chris Whitney today so the veteran point guard can sign with the Magic, a team source told The Associated Press. Whitney must clear waivers, but it is unlikely any team will pick up the rest of his $3 million salary. After the 48-hour waiting period, the Magic are expected to pick him up for a prorated amount of about $300,000.
The Ohio Valley Conference on Tuesday chose Austin Peay's Brooke Armistead its player of the week. Armistead scored 29 points against Eastern Illinois and 28 points against Southeast Missouri two nights later. Tennessee-Martin's Torre Thomas was named newcomer of the week after scoring 12 points in a loss to Morehead State.
San Diego State University's self-imposed penalties regarding the Aztec football program were accepted by the NCAA Division I Committee on Infractions. The Aztec's self-imposed penalties include a reduction in allowable football scholarships and does not affect bowl opportunities.
Sophomore forward Dennis Latimore has left top-ranked Arizona for the rest of the season.
A sports memorabilia dealer has been ordered to pay $105,000 to Colts quarterback Peyton Manning for autographing 2,500 items, including footballs, helmets and jerseys. The dealer, Michael Bertolini, had acknowledged in e-mails and verbal messages that he and his Triumph Sports Memorabilia & Promotions Inc. owed Manning the money.
On the air
College men's basketballDuke at Georgia Tech, 6 p.m., ESPN
Oklahoma at Missouri, 7:30 p.m., WQWQ, KZIM-960
Western Kentucky at Louisiana-Lafayette, 8:30 p.m., ESPN
Accenture Match Play Championship, 1 p.m., ESPN
Jacob's Creek Open Championship, 11 p.m., GOLF
High school girls basketballNotre Dame vs. Sikeston, 7:30 p.m., KAPE-1550
Utah at Minnesota, 8 p.m., ESPN
High school girls basketballClass 4, District 1 Tournament, Notre Dame: (semifinals) Notre Dame vs. Sikeston-Fredericktown winner, 6 p.m.; Dexter vs. Perryville-Ste. Genevieve winner, 7:45 p.m.
St. Vincent at Scott City, 7:30 p.m.
Valle at Chaffee, 7:30 p.m.