- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
MOUNDS, Ill. -- Eugene Johnson, 62, of Mounds, formerly of Mound City, Ill., died Friday, Feb. 21, 2003, at the Veterans Administration Medical Center in Lexington, Ky.
He was born March 29, 1940, in Cairo, Ill., son of Julius and Ollie Vaughn Johnson.
He was employed by Crain Enterprises in Mound City before his retirement. He attended the Assembly of God Church in Mounds and was a veteran of the Vietnam War, serving in the U.S. Army.
Survivors include his wife, Carolyn Johnson of Cape Girardeau; five sisters, Nancy Payne of Bardwell, Ky., Betty DelValle of Santa Fe, N.M., Mary Davis of New Orleans, La., Daisy Buckles of Nashville, Ill., and Martine Lambert of Cape Girardeau; and four brothers, Ed Johnson of Mounds, Tom Johnson of Kevil, Ky., Alvie Johnson of Evansville, Ind., and Ironford Johnson of Fredericksburg, Va.
Friends may call from 9 to 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at Barkett Funeral Home in Mound City.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, with the Rev. Buddy Walls officiating. Burial will be in Mound City National Cemetery.