- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
The Rev. Marcus Ladd
ADVANCE, Mo. -- The Rev. Marcus J. Ladd, 88, of Advance died Thursday, Feb. 20, 2003, at Advance Nursing Center.
He was born April 16, 1914, at Zalma, Mo., son of the late James Nathan and Nellie Umfleet Ladd. He and Mildred Hendrix were married Aug. 13, 1932, at Brownwood, Mo.
Marcus raised lifestock and was a successful farmer. He was a General Baptist minister in the local area 39 years. He was a member of Ladd Chapel General Baptist Church near Zalma.
Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Rachel Choate of Advance, Ruthann Blanton and husband Carol of Scott City; two granddaughters, Kim Brown of Cape Girardeau, Shawna Read and husband Vance of Cape Girardeau; a great-grandson, Calen Read of Cape Girardeau; and two sisters, Goldie Pickett of Advance, and Lillian Schaffert of Nebraska.
He was preceded in death by an infant son, Loren Ladd; a daughter, Shirley Ladd; four brothers and four sisters.
Friends may call at Morgan Funeral Chapel from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. Sunday at the chapel. The Rev. Ray Placher will officiate, assisted by the Rev. Norman Elledge. Burial will be in Balch Cemetery at Zalma.