- New custody law for equal time for dads begins today; some question law's relevance (8/28/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Former alt-rock frontwoman tells how she found Christianity (8/29/16)2
- Jackson girl stays planted on the farm (8/28/16)2
- Schnucks bans solicitors, including organizations like Salvation Army (8/24/16)38
- Newsmakers 2016: Liz Glastetter (8/15/16)
- Court ruling, state suggest businesses may apply use, sales tax to deliveries (8/24/16)2
- Scott City School District introduces new preschool program (8/26/16)1
Bills in Congress would ban all human cloning
To the editor:
The U.S. House of Representatives is expected to vote next week on House Resolution 534, a bill that would ban all human cloning. The U.S. Senate is also considering passage of Senate Bill 245, a similar bill that would ban all human cloning. Passage of these measures would mean that cloning would be banned for both scientific and reproductive reasons..
As you know, Dolly the cloned sheep recently had to be euthanized after she developed symptoms of old age diseases and disorders prematurely. Let this be a warning to us all.
I ask everyone to please contact their representatives and senators in Washington asking them to vote yes on HR 534 and S 245.
CHRISTINE E. STEPHENS