- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
Bills in Congress would ban all human cloning
To the editor:
The U.S. House of Representatives is expected to vote next week on House Resolution 534, a bill that would ban all human cloning. The U.S. Senate is also considering passage of Senate Bill 245, a similar bill that would ban all human cloning. Passage of these measures would mean that cloning would be banned for both scientific and reproductive reasons..
As you know, Dolly the cloned sheep recently had to be euthanized after she developed symptoms of old age diseases and disorders prematurely. Let this be a warning to us all.
I ask everyone to please contact their representatives and senators in Washington asking them to vote yes on HR 534 and S 245.
CHRISTINE E. STEPHENS