- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
MoDOT to inspect, repair Cape bridge
A Missouri Department of Transportation crew will inspect and repair the Mississippi River bridge at Cape Girardeau next week, weather permitting.
The bridge will be reduced to one lane while pavement repairs are made, MoDOT officials said. The repairs are scheduled from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
The winter weather has damaged the pavement, creating rough spots, officials said.
While here, the crew also will inspect the aging span as part of a MoDOT directive to reinspect all state-maintained bridges over the Missouri and Mississippi rivers to look for possible damage caused by colder-than-normal temperatures, officials said.