- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Southeast track teams sweep meet
Southeast Missouri State University's track and field program cruised to a pair of home victories Friday at the Student Recreation Center.
A four-team women's meet saw Southeast romp with 94.5 points, followed by Alabama-Birmingham (49.5), Murray State (22) and Tennessee-Martin (19).
In a men's dual meet, Southeast scored 64 points to breeze past Murray State (27).
Southeast's women won nine of the 14 events, led by double winner Heather Jenkins. The Central High School product captured the shot put and weight throw.
Southeast captured nine of the 12 men's events, led by double winner Shelton Scott, who prevailed in the long jump and triple jump.
Also for Southeast's men, Jay Heddell set a Student Recreation Center record in the shot put with a distance of 57 feet 11-3/4 inches.
Complete results of the meet are on Page 2B.
Tennis opens season
After having its scheduled season opener at Missouri on Feb. 6 canceled because of bad weather, Southeast's women's tennis team will try to play its first match today at 2 p.m. at Arkansas-Little Rock.
The Trojans are 2-3.
--From staff reports