- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Southeast track teams sweep meet
Southeast Missouri State University's track and field program cruised to a pair of home victories Friday at the Student Recreation Center.
A four-team women's meet saw Southeast romp with 94.5 points, followed by Alabama-Birmingham (49.5), Murray State (22) and Tennessee-Martin (19).
In a men's dual meet, Southeast scored 64 points to breeze past Murray State (27).
Southeast's women won nine of the 14 events, led by double winner Heather Jenkins. The Central High School product captured the shot put and weight throw.
Southeast captured nine of the 12 men's events, led by double winner Shelton Scott, who prevailed in the long jump and triple jump.
Also for Southeast's men, Jay Heddell set a Student Recreation Center record in the shot put with a distance of 57 feet 11-3/4 inches.
Complete results of the meet are on Page 2B.
Tennis opens season
After having its scheduled season opener at Missouri on Feb. 6 canceled because of bad weather, Southeast's women's tennis team will try to play its first match today at 2 p.m. at Arkansas-Little Rock.
The Trojans are 2-3.
--From staff reports