- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Lala Helen Swift, 91, of Paducah, Ky., died Tuesday, Feb. 18, 2003, at Parkview Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
She was born in Calloway County, Ky., daughter of Clement C. and Hattie Holland Roberts. She married Lurwin L. Swift, who preceded her in death.
Swift retired from the Trad Shop and Jules Men's and Boys' Shop. She was a member of Broadway United Methodist Church. She was formerly of the Cape Girardeau area.
Survivors include a daughter, Linda Reeder of Paducah; a sister, Mae Clark of West Paducah; and two grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by four sisters and two brothers.
Friends may call at Milner and Orr Funeral Home in Paducah after 10 a.m. Thursday.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home. The Rev. Richard Smith will officiate. Burial will be in Mount Kenton Cemetery.