- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)5
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- David D. McFarlin, 69, of Advance died Monday, Feb. 17, 2003, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Sept. 8, 1933, at Hornersville, Mo., son of Harvey and Christina I. Massey McFarlin. He and Deloris Robbins were married June 12, 1971, in Phoenix, Ariz.
McFarlin was a retired over-the-road truck driver. He was a member of Advance Church of Christ and VFW Post.
Survivors include his wife; three sons, Billy and Mike McFarlin of Advance, Kenny McFarlin of St. Louis; two daughters, Debbie Welch of Advance, Tina McFarlin of St. Louis; a brother, Mike Caneer of Jackson, Tenn.; and 16 grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Friends may call at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with Bill Davis and the Rev. Phillip Jordan officiating. Burial will be in Dunklin County Memorial Gardens at Kennett, Mo., with full military honors.