- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Herbert M. Nussbaum, 82, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, Feb. 17, 2003, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
He was born Sept. 26, 1920, at Gordonville, son of Martin A. and Annie Bartels Nussbaum. He and Louise Wessell were married Aug. 11, 1944, at Gordonville.
Herbert was a 1939 graduate of University High School, and was star guard for the school's championship basketball team of 1939. He was an avid fisherman and hunter.
He was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church and its Lutheran Men's Club, was an usher, and was a former member of Horseshoe Bend Fishing Club.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Gene M. and Linda Jo Nussbaum of Collinsville, Ill., Joe D. Nussbaum of Cape Girardeau; grandchildren and spouses, Kirk and Honor Nussbaum, Keith and Margaret Nussbaum, Diana and Chris Davolt, Greg Nussbaum, Don and Tracey Nussbaum, Laura Nussbaum; stepgrandson, Charles Burlison; three great-grandchildren, Kira Nussbaum, Molly Nussbaum and Jacob Nussbaum.
He was preceded in death by his parents; a son, Larry Nussbaum; and two brothers, Emil Nussbaum and George Nussbaum.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at Trinity Lutheran Church. The Rev. Douglas Breite will officiate. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.
The family will act as pallbearers.
Memorial contributions may be made to Trinity Lutheran School Building Fund.