- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Two arrested in New Madrid shooting
NEW MADRID, Mo. -- Two people were expected to be arraigned Tuesday in connection with a shooting early Sunday.
At 3 a.m. Sunday, New Madrid police officers were called to Jasmine's Sports Bar on Russell Street to investigate a report of a shooting.
Officers found one person suffering from a gunshot wound to the lower back.
He was taken to Missouri Delta Medical Center in Sikeston, Mo., where a bullet was removed during a surgery.
A spokesman with the New Madrid Police Department reported today that the victim, who is from Sikeston, is in stable condition.
A pistol believed to be used in the shooting was recovered at the scene.
The New Madrid County Prosecutor's office, has filed charges of first-degree assault and armed criminal action against Dramel L. Jones and a charge of resisting arrest against Kermit Gillespie.
They are being held in the New Madrid County Jail pending their formal arraignment.