- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Two arrested in New Madrid shooting
NEW MADRID, Mo. -- Two people were expected to be arraigned Tuesday in connection with a shooting early Sunday.
At 3 a.m. Sunday, New Madrid police officers were called to Jasmine's Sports Bar on Russell Street to investigate a report of a shooting.
Officers found one person suffering from a gunshot wound to the lower back.
He was taken to Missouri Delta Medical Center in Sikeston, Mo., where a bullet was removed during a surgery.
A spokesman with the New Madrid Police Department reported today that the victim, who is from Sikeston, is in stable condition.
A pistol believed to be used in the shooting was recovered at the scene.
The New Madrid County Prosecutor's office, has filed charges of first-degree assault and armed criminal action against Dramel L. Jones and a charge of resisting arrest against Kermit Gillespie.
They are being held in the New Madrid County Jail pending their formal arraignment.