- New custody law for equal time for dads begins today; some question law's relevance (8/28/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Former alt-rock frontwoman tells how she found Christianity (8/29/16)2
- Jackson girl stays planted on the farm (8/28/16)2
- Schnucks bans solicitors, including organizations like Salvation Army (8/24/16)38
- Newsmakers 2016: Liz Glastetter (8/15/16)
- Court ruling, state suggest businesses may apply use, sales tax to deliveries (8/24/16)2
- Scott City School District introduces new preschool program (8/26/16)1
Search warrant being served at missing California woman's home
MODESTO, Calif. -- Police served a search warrant Tuesday morning at the home of missing pregnant woman Laci Peterson as they continued to look for clues in her disappearance.
Investigators were conducting a follow-up search at the home that Laci Peterson shared with her husband, Scott Peterson, and did not plan to announce the results of the probe, said Detective Doug Ridenour.
It's not the first time officers have gone to the couple's home in search for clues. They also seized Scott Peterson's truck and boat for evidence.
Laci Peterson, 27, was last seen Christmas Eve when Scott Peterson said he was fishing in the San Francisco Bay area.
It was not immediately clear whether Scott Peterson was home during the search, Ridenour said. A phone call to the house was not answered.
Suspicion publicly has focused on Scott Peterson since he acknowledged last month that he had an extramarital affair with a Fresno woman. Laci Peterson's family, who once supported him, have called on him in recent weeks to tell police everything he knows.
Meanwhile, Scott Peterson, a fertilizer salesman, was continuing to search remote areas and visit police stations to post fliers of his missing wife, family members said.
Family and friends are also posting fliers and spreading news about the search over the Internet. Because Laci Peterson was due to deliver the couple's first baby this month, the family is checking hospitals and medical clinics nationwide and having friends take fliers to a handful of cities in Mexico.
A reward of $500,000 has been offered for information leading to Laci's safe return.
On the Net: