- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Mildred J. White, 83, of Chaffee died Sunday, Feb. 16, 2003, at her home.
She was born March 16, 1919, at Advance, Mo., daughter of Benjamin Franklin and Lina Carolina Cato Brown. She and Ernest "Rip" White were married Oct. 27, 1934. He died May 30, 1990.
White had worked at Sports Specialty Shoe Factory, and was a member of the Assembly of God Church.
Survivors include two sons, Francis White of Chaffee, Eddie White of Jackson; two daughters, Doris Schlitt of Chaffee, Nancy Evans of Cape Girardeau; two brothers, Charles "Cot" Brown of DeSoto, Mo., Eugene "Bood" Brown of Jerseyville, Ill.; three sisters, Norma Felty and Arvella Smith of Chaffee, Shirley Woods of Cedar Hill, Mo.; 10 grandchildren; 13 great-grandchildren; and four stepgrandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a daughter, three brothers, two sisters, a granddaughter and a great-granddaughter.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee after 5 p.m. Tuesday.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the chapel, with the Rev. William Marshall officiating. Burial will be in Forest Hills Memorial Garden near Morley, Mo.