- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
JHS wrestlers make state
Central High School's 200-yard freestyle relay team earned all-state honors Saturday by finishing eighth in the state meet in St. Peters, Mo. From left, Alex Heddle, Sam Maguire, Clay Schermann and Andrew Moreton.
Jackson will send five wrestlers to this week's state meet as they finished among the top four during Saturday's Class 3 sectional meet at Parkway South High School in St. Louis.
Brock Howard was first at 125 pounds as he improved his record to 43-1.
Cody Rouse (140) and Matt Kahle (189) placed second. Their records are 42-3 and 38-8.
Kremer Rampley (145) and Greg Ludwig (152) finished second, improving to 41-5 and 29-18.
"We probably wrestled the very best we could," Jackson coach Steve Wachter said. "It was an awfully tough sectional."
Blake Ulrich and Kamden Rampley failed to qualify.
Southern Missouri Christian 67, Eagle Ridge 57
Eagle Ridge (8-9) got 32 points from Andrew Mellies and 10 from Daniel Ellinghouse but fell at home Friday.
Eagle Ridge 47, Southern Missouri Christian 35
Autum Crowden scored 22 points and pulled down 11 rebounds to lead Eagle Ridge (8-6) at home Friday.
Cara Ervin added 13 points.
-- From staff reports