- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Community cuisine 02/17/03
Fish fry to benefit children's hospital
A special fish fry will be held to benefit St. Jude Children's Hospital in Memphis, Tenn., from 4 to 7 p.m. Feb. 28 at Scott City Knights of Columbus Upper Hall, on U.S. 61. Carryouts are available.
Masonic kettle beef dinner scheduled
The Millersville Masonic Lodge Westview 103 will hold its annual kettle beef dinner with all the trimmings on Sunday. Serving takes place between 11 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Everyone invited. For information contact Billy Keele at (573) 866-3282.
Oran church plans spring dinner at Knights hall
The Ladies of the Guardian Angel Catholic Church are preparing a dinner to raise funds for charitable activities. It will be held at the Knights of Columbus, Highway 77 in Oran, Mo., from 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on March 9. The menu includes roast beef and gravy, fried chicken and dressing, green beans, parsley potatoes, corn, slaw, homemade dinner rolls, homemade pies and cakes, coffee, tea and lemonade.
Tilsit 4-H Club to hold chili/soup dinner
In an effort to raise funds to make weighted blankets and vests for autistic children in the area, the Tilsit 4-H Club will hold a chili/chicken noodle soup dinner from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. March 2 at Immanuel Lutheran Church Parish hall, at 496 Highway F in Jackson. The meal includes dessert and a drink.
-- From staff reports