- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
LILBOURN, Mo. -- James Norton, 82, of Lilbourn died Wednesday, Feb. 12, 2003, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Feb. 3, 1921, at Caruthersville, Mo., son of Irvin and Sally Neal Norton. He and Gladys Woods were married March 16, 1940.
Norton was a retired farmer, and member of First Baptist Church.
Survivors include his wife; three daughters, Janet Wilburn and Libby Norton of Sikeston, Mo., Peggy Beeson of Advance, Mo.; four sisters, Betty Lemley, Margaret Colvin and Doris Parson of St. Louis, JoAnn Solomon of Kansas City, Mo.; four grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
Friends may call at First Baptist Church from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the church, with the Rev. Bob Medlock officiating. Burial will be in Mounds Cemetery near Lilbourn.
Ponder Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.