- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Funeral Mass for Sister M. Claudia Glasser of the Wheaton Franciscan Motherhouse in Wheaton, Ill., was held Monday at Our Lady of the Angels Chapel at the Motherhouse. Burial was in Assumption Cemetery at Winfield, Ill.
Williams-Kampp Funeral Home in Wheaton was in charge of arrangements.
Glasser, 87, died Friday, Feb. 7, 2003.
She was born Dec. 1, 1915, at Kelso, Mo., daughter of John and Kathryn Glasser.
Glasser worked at the old St. Francis Hospital in Cape Girardeau 18 years, until joining the Franciscan Sisters in 1950. She worked in hospital offices in Missouri, Wisconsin and Iowa. Her last 27 years were spent in the occupational therapy area of the mental health facility at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She had been at the Motherhouse since 1997.
Survivors include a brother, Wilford Glasser of Kelso, and a sister, Dorothy Abbott of Cape Girardeau.