- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Virginia Acord, 87, of Cape Girardeau died Wednesday, Feb. 12, 2003, at her home.
She was born Aug. 1, 1915, in Stoddard County, Mo., daughter of Theodore and Millie Walker Acord.
The family moved to Cape Girardeau 80 years ago from Stoddard County. She was a graduate of Central High School.
Virginia worked at International Shoe Co. more than 40 years. She was a member of Grace United Methodist Church.
Survivors include four cousins, Burley and Peggy Pruett of Cape Girardeau, Ron Acord of Cape Girardeau, Jim and Rose Walker of Bloomfield, Mo., and Bill and Nancy Webb of Dexter, Mo.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a sister.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from noon to 2 p.m. Saturday.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Anselm Williams officiating. Burial will be in Lorimier Cemetery.