- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)3
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)5
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)16
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)25
Cape veteran will finally get Bronze Star
Thanks to a golf game a couple of years ago, two World War II veterans from Cape Girardeau discovered they had a lot in common, including being awarded the Bronze Star.
John Dragoni Sr. received his medal during the war, but Kenneth Bender didn't get his before he was shipped home at the end of the war.
Thanks to a casual conversation during the golf game and a list of Bronze Star winners, Dragoni was able to put two and two together. As a result, Bender will get his Bronze Star and the Asiatic-Pacific Theater Campaign Medal during ceremonies next week at a Veterans of Foreign Wars ceremony.
This is a tale of coincidence that truly has a happy ending.