- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Trial set for Scott City murder suspect
A jury trial has been scheduled for murder suspect Christopher L. Jones, 19, of Scott City. Jones is charged with first-degree murder and armed criminal action in connection with the August stabbing death of his step-father, John Mayabb, 48, who was stabbed numerous times at his home in Scott City. Police arrested Jones not long afterward about five blocks from the house.
The trial will be held at 9 a.m., July 17 and 18 in Mississippi County on a change of venue from Scott County.