- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Military news 2/13/03
Wealer promoted to technical sergeant
Joel B. Wealer has been promoted to the rank of technical sergeant in the U.S. Air Force.
Wealer is a French horn player assigned to the U.S. Air Force Band at Bolling Air Force Base, Washington, D.C.
He is the son of Holly L. and John R. Wealer of N. Fifth St., Hannibal Mo. His wife, Jennifer, is the daughter of Randy Reisenbichler of Florence St., and Patty Turner, both of Jackson.
He graduated in 1994 from Hannibal High School, and received a bachelor's degree in 1998 from Southwest Missouri State University in Springfield, Mo. In 2001, Wealer earned a master's degree from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.
Lance Cpl. Hester on fifth month of deployment
Marine Corps Lance Cpl. Joe C. Hester, son of Stacia D. and Cliff C. Hester of 200 Country Club Drive, Scott City, is currently on his fifth month of deployment while assigned to the 24th Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU), based in Camp LeJeune, North Carolina.
Hester is a 2000 graduate of Jacksonville High School of Jacksonville, Ark., and joined the Marine Corps in July, 2000.
-- From staff reports